Easy, Delicious, and Very Affordable!
Ordering take out pizza can be expensive in some cases, especially if you have a larger family, but I’m here to share with you just how affordably (and easily) you can make pizza at home!
Real pizza fans will agree with me that the best pizza has to have a great crust! This crust is delicious no matter what the toppings you put on it. It works really well for calzones, pizzas, and hot pockets.
With only six ingredients you’ll agree this crust couldn’t be simpler, or more affordable. It also freezes amazingly well, so double the batch and make a couple of pizzas tonight and free two for later!
Pizza Dough Recipe
- 2 to 2 3/4 cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup of Warm Water, but not boiling
- 1 packet of Rapid Rise Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 Table Spoon of Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- In the 1 cup of warm water add the sugar and packet of yeast. Mix well and set the water aside for about 10 minutes to let the yeast bloom. It will be foamy on top when ready.
- Add the flour, salt, and oil to a stand mixer and mix well.
- Once the yeast is ready, turn on the mixer with the dough hook and slowly add in the yeast and water mixture until it begins to form a ball of dough
- If the dough is too sticky, add in 1/4 cup more of flour until it is less sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured countertop and knead the dough for about 5 minutes and if needed add additional flour a little at a time until the dough is not sticky at all and very stretchy.
- Return the dough back to the mixing bowl and let it rise for 30-40 minutes until it is double in size. Tip: One way to help with rising is to turn the oven to warm up to 170 degrees and then turn it off and let the dough rise in the warm oven.
- After the dough is risen, press down the dough and divide it into two portions of dough. This recipe will make one large and thick crust pizza or two pizzas with thinner crusts.
- Press your dough onto the pizza pan of choice and bake for 10 minutes. Then you can remove it from the oven and top it with your favorite sauce and toppings before placing it back into the oven for an additional 10-12 minutes.