These Banana Nut Muffins are not only delicious but they are also super easy. My son is 11 and actually baked up this batch for me to post here as a home school project. Baking is a fun way to spend time with your kids while teaching them cooking skills that they will use later in life.
The muffin recipe can be modified to yours or your kids liking when it comes to spices and nuts. So just use your judgment when making them to fit your family’s taste buds.
For example we use pecans in our muffins, but if you prefer walnuts, those will work as well. You can even choose to leave the nuts out completely, if you’re one of the weird people that don’t like nuts in your baked goods ( of course I’m kidding, ou’r not weird!).
This recipes makes 24 large muffins or two to three times as many if you do mini bite size muffins. Our family loves to make them in large batches and freeze half so we can enjoy some now and some later.
If you would like to freeze so of them too all you need to do is to let them cool completely and place them into a gallon size freezer bag and free. When you’re ready to eat the muffins let them thaw and enjoy.
Banana Nut Muffin Recipe
*Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin pan by spraying it well or using cupcake wrappers.
6 large bananas, very ripe
3 cups of All Purpose Flour
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups of sugar (or 2/3 cup of Pyure Sweetener for sugar free)
1 cup of chopped pecans, or nut of choice
2/3 cups of melted butter
1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
2 teaspoons of baking soda
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prepare your muffin pan.
- To a mixing bowl add in the bananas, butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggs and mix until every this is well mixed and there are no clumps of bananas. Note: The bananas should be very ripe and easily mashed before adding them to the mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and the cinnamon and mix thoroughly.
- With the mixer on low slowing add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine. Continue this process until all the dry ingredients are added into the wet ingredients.
- Once the muffin batter is completely mixed fold the pecans in to the batter and scoop the batter into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes and the muffins are done when a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean.
- Room the muffins and let them cook on a wire wrack and let them cool.